Lost Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lost Keep

This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Blizzard. Diablo content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Blizzard or its licensors. All rights reserved.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advanced SNS Gearing Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enremeit
Enremeit

Advanced SNS Gearing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyTue 17 Dec 2013, 06:54

Been working on this for a bit while bored at work, and decided to leave it hidden in here until I finish it. I could use a little advice for the opening as I'm not good with more than just raw data and information.

Quote :
DPS is generally the primary focus of most players, and for obvious reasons. Not a lot to explain about this, except that I’ll be talking about the 3 types of rare weapons used for high DPS sets.

The second most possible build type is about maxing defensive stats for the sake of tanking through any and all damage, usually with the philosophy that “a dead wiz does no damage.”

There are also those that try to maximize the strength of their freeze, and generally sacrifice DPS and/or MIT in the process.

The rarest and most specialized form of SNS gearing revolves around ETCC for a powerful freeze and much higher DPS multiplier than other SNS sets.

I also intend to add a small bit before this just to describe the guide, but I'll get to that later.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Administrator
Administrator
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 04:16

Seems pretty good to me so far except one bit. The "second most possible build type" just sounds really odd. By possible do you mean ease to build or most common or ... ?

(And it's totally cool you want to hide this here from those prying Blizz eyes d; lol)
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 05:03

I think I'm going to cut out that bit. Seems easier to focus on just DPS chasing. And more productive as the other styles are straight forward and don't need much expalining.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Administrator
Administrator
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 07:51

Straight forward or not, an important thing to remember when writing a guide for this kind of thing is that not everyone reading will know or understand things you (or anyone else) may consider basic knowledge. Basically just write the guide as if your only audience is going to be total newbies. I should be able to pick up the game/class/whatever and be able to understand everything I need to after reading your guide. This is one of the things that separates a good guide from a great guide. Being thorough with information is important. Just some advice. (;
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 23:08

My thought was to specify that it was an advanced guide, and to point players inexperienced with the build to the guides written by Loroese and Piehole that can be found in the sticky on the main forums. No plagiarizing, no redundant information, shorter read, and the fact that the build is dying, or needs to be reworked at best, with RoS, it's a bit of a waste to go all out when there are already 2 very well written guides for getting players started off in the right direction.

Regardless, I will post everything that I come up with in here, and will then post the finalized project for all to see when it's complete.
Back to top Go down
mdboom
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
mdboom

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 23:52

So are you putting this together for D3V? Seems like PTR/Beta it isn't viable as of yet.

< just a little lost.
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013, 06:51

Yes. Strictly meant for as the build currently is. Mostly a project to deal with boredom whenever I am not able to be playing.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Administrator
Administrator
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 04:13

Enremeit wrote:
My thought was to specify that it was an advanced guide, and to point players inexperienced with the build to the guides written by Loroese and Piehole that can be found in the sticky on the main forums. No plagiarizing, no redundant information, shorter read, and the fact that the build is dying, or needs to be reworked at best, with RoS, it's a bit of a waste to go all out when there are already 2 very well written guides for getting players started off in the right direction.

Regardless, I will post everything that I come up with in here, and will then post the finalized project for all to see when it's complete.

It even says "advanced" in the title. I have reading comprehension, I swear lol. I didn't know there were other "beginner" guides available so I guess that's good (though I really should have known there would be). Anyway, good luck with the writing.
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014, 19:28

IF it wasn't already obvious, I got quite busy over the past month+, and have basically decided not to waste the time writing this. I feel the effort would be better used with theorycrafting for RoS.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Administrator
Administrator
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014, 03:57

Yeah I figured. Best to save efforts for something that won't be nullified soon™.
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014, 04:24

Unfortunately. Though I am excited to get Frozen Orb back. And the new Tal Rasha's set + Elementalist looks intersting as well.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Administrator
Administrator
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 07:39

Yeah FO better be as good as it was in D2. Bread and butter spell, baby. Also, do you mind if we move this topic out in the open? No need for it to be secret now, right?
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 13:40

Done. Though it likely won't really change anything to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Administrator
Administrator
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 18:22

I guess it doesn't really matter since it's just the two of us lol. At least it gave you an excuse to exercise your modly powers. d;
Back to top Go down
Enremeit
Enremeit

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 18:40

Yay for experience points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advanced SNS Gearing Guide   Advanced SNS Gearing Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Advanced SNS Gearing Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Keep :: Diablo 3 Forum :: General Diablo 3-